Procedure for Obtaining a Civil Union or Marriage License
PLEASE EMAIL REGISTRAR@BLOOMINGDALENJ.NET
TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR A MARRIAGE LICENSE
OFFICE HOURS 8:00 AM TO 4:00 PM
MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY
PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR JUDGE AND OUR MAYOR WILL DO
MARRIAGE CEREMONIES UPON REQUEST AND IF AVAILABLE
- Application may be made up to 6 months before, but not less than 72 hours before the ceremony. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Application may be made in the municipality in which either applicant resides.
The Civil Union or Marriage license shall be issued by the licensing officer (Registrar or Deputy Registrar) in the municipality in which the applicants apply and is valid for use in ANY municipality in the State of New Jersey.
If neither applicant is a RESIDENT of New Jersey, the application is to be made in the MUNICIPALITY WHERE THE PROPOSED CIVIL UNION OR MARRIAGE IS TO BE PERFORMED.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS (No Exceptions):
- $28 fee (Cash / ck / money order) must be exact change if cash
- One witness over the age of 18.
- Proof of residence.
- Divorce decree if either party has been married before; or
- Death certificate if widowed; or
- Dissolution of a Civil Union if either party has been in a civil union before; or
- Termination of a Domestic Partnership.
- Social Security numbers
- Birth Certificates or naturalization papers.
- There is a 72-hour waiting period (3 days) to process the application.
- After the waiting period, applicants must return to pick up the license. Licenses cannot be mailed.
- Five days after the ceremony:
Your civil union or marriage certificate will be on file in the municipality where your ceremony was performed (responsibility of the person who officiated at your ceremony).
The Bloomingdale Registrar/Clerk's Office can be found on the 3rd. Floor of the Bloomingdale Municipal Building, 101 Hamburg Tpke., Bloomingdale, NJ 07403.
The Borough of Bloomingdale, Registrar of Vital Statistics also issues CERTIFIED COPIES of birth, death, civil union, and marriage certificates, for events which occurred within the Borough of Bloomingdale. Requests for certified copies can be made in person, by mail or by calling the Registrar. The fee for each copy is $10.00.