Municipal Clerk

Office of the Municipal Clerk
Hours: Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

The position of Municipal Clerk is required by New Jersey law (N.J.S.A. 40A: 9-133) to serve as Secretary to the Mayor and Council, Secretary to the municipal corporation, Chief Registrar of Voters and local Election official, custodian of public records, and chief administrative officer of licenses and permits.
Breeanna Smith, RMC, CMR
Municipal Clerk/Registrar, ext. 239
Aimee Greenspan
Adminstrative Assistant 

The public can review and obtain copies of Council meeting minutes, ordinances, resolutions and other public records permitted by law at the Office of the Municipal Clerk located in Borough Hall. Under the Open Public Records Act ("OPRA"), there is a charge for copies of public records that is set by State Statute (N.J.S.A. 47: 1A-2).
A request for access to a government record shall be in writing and hand-delivered, mailed, transmitted electronically, or otherwise conveyed to the appropriate custodian (Municipal Clerk). Please go to the Municipal Clerk's office for the OPRA request for, or the "Borough of Bloomingdale Request for Access to Public Records" form is available for downloading. 
Information about Primary and General Elections, including the timelines containing registration and filing deadlines, can be found at the NJ Department of State's Election Information Page.
In Bloomingdale, the Office of the Municipal Clerk issues permits for the following and applications (with corresponding fee schedules) are available for completion:

Block Parties (Request to close Borough street; Requires Council approval)
Garage Sales

Landlord Registration Application
Film Permits  (Please review the regulations for television and movie filming on public property.) 

The following applications are also available during regular business hours, but require either governing body approval and/or State approval and the Clerk's office can explain the details pertaining to each:
  1. Social Affairs Permit Applications for use by non-profit organizations to serve alcoholic beverages at an event open to the public are available, but require State approval and fees to be paid to the State of New Jersey.

  2. Raffle Applications for use by non-profit organizations that are registered with the Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission (State agency). These forms must be approved by the Mayor and Council and the State before a license can be issued for the event. There are fees required by both the municipality and the State and are based on the type of raffle event to be held. There are fees required by both the municipality and the State and are based on the type of raffle event to be held.